Monday, August 30, 2010

New updates

This is the first time I have taken so long to update the blog!!! Darn Facebook haha- I don't know if I have blog followers, but again- in the hopes that I do, here is an update.

We are having a blast with the kids!! Kailani is 3 months old already and Bode is officially 2 1/2 years old...... Hard to believe!!


A few weeks ago, my parents got great tickets for the Phillies game and wanted to bring the boys! My Mom stayed home with Kailani and Michael was at the cabin so my Dad and I brought Charlie and Bode to their first game. Bode technically went to a game when he was about 4 months old, but he doesn't remember!

ice cream sundae helmets
the next day, we had plans to go to Dave & Mike's house so Bode helped Tutu make some cookies!


Aaron and Bode playing in the playroom

the boys and Abigail!!

Gampa and Kailani

apparently Abby likes to hide in the cabinet hahaha

some other exciting news is that we re-painted our living room and got a new couch! We ordered it awhile ago, but it was delivered the day before our pig roast and my gosh is it amazing!!! it has power touch reclining seats, sits 7 people, bucket seating, comfort, and everything you could want in a couch!!


so... the pig roast- we had one last year as a get together for friends and family and we decided to put our fun to good use and make the pig roast a fundraiser for the foundation fighting blindness, to raise money for the VisionWalk!


Bode & Cooper in the pool

Charlie being a nice big brother and pushing Aaron in the truck

Kailani with her boyfriend Crosby


Nanny & Kristi showing charlie the pig

my Mom was able to get a deal on a moon bounce which was absolutely KEY for the party- it kept kids of all ages occupied and happy.... even the adults at times!!



bouncing with Bode

Bode was so wiped out- he did so well with not napping and then completely crashed around 9pm!

so....... more updates- Bode has made us so proud I can't even explain it! All of a sudden last Monday he woke up telling me he had to pee and poop so i put him in underwear and he has been wearing big boy underwear with NO ACCIDENTS for over a week now!!! It's like all of a sudden, he just got it. We stopped giving him things for pooping on the potty and just told him he is a big boy and he can do it on his own. He loved the fact that he could go into the bathroom on his own and pull up the stool and do it all by himself. We are so proud that he's only 2 1/2 and doing so well!!! The Sunday after the pig roast, Kailani woke up with a fever of 101.3 and a cough and boogers all over her face :( I took her to urgent care and it turns out she has an ear infection- either caused by a cold or the cold caused her to get an ear infection... regardless, she is doing much better now and was a real trooper!! She weighed in at a hefty 13 lbs. 15oz and the little princess is getting her bottom teeth already! The bottom left tooth popped through ever so slightly, you can barely feel it but it's there. She can put her entire fist in her mouth now that she's teething and puts anything and everything she comes in contact with in her mouth!

Michael just finished playing softball- his season has been going on since the end of April... 2 games/week..... that makes for a LOOONG season!! Just as he ends, I get on a soccer team. I'm so excited to be playing again and I play in a women's league Sunday nights, it feels good to be back! Last Sunday I played really well and scored our team's only goal- although the next day I felt like hell.... not sure why I played like I have been playing for years, but it felt good while I was doing it.

We are getting ready to go to the beach for Labor Day weekend, I'm so excited. Last time at the beach, Kailani was not sleeping through the night and screaming her head off- after all, she was only a week old! I can't wait to take tons of pictures and see my family!

Sorry again for the delay in updating posts, but I will work on it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i still read this!!!! (mom)